The Queensland Medical Student Council (QLDMSC) is the peak representative body for medical students in Queensland.
The Council is made up of student representatives from the University of Queensland, James Cook University, Griffith University and Bond University.
The 2020 Council consists of:
- UQMS – Rosemary Stoke & Katherine Farrow
- Griffith – Wadie Rassam & Kiera Stanmore
- JCU – Julian Pecora & Hugh McMahon
- Bond – Kavinda Jinendradasa & Stephanie Lee
History of QLDMSC
QLDMSC was first developed in 2004 as the need arose to open better lines of communication between medical societies in Queensland and allow for the presentation of a formally united front on common issues affecting Queensland medical students.
Purpose of QLDMSC
The purposes of QLDMSC are in light with the original purpose of its creation, namely:
- Facilitating the sharing of ideas and direction for Queensland medical students
- Fostering positive Queensland medical society relationships
- Creating unity and purpose on state based issues, such as internship places and vocational training
- Allowing AMSA to additionally advocate at a consolidated Queensland level, in addition to a medical society level